Re: processor fan runs forever

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 11:47, Jess Anderson wrote:
> Jim Lawrence:
>
> >I need to somehow let my processor fan shut down for a few
> >minutes at a time. []
>
> Just out of curiosity, why on earth would you need to do that?
> I wouldn't want to risk a running CPU by stopping the fan.

Would make for a really good linux worm though.  No signs of problems,
just fans shutting down on thousands of computers all over, and slowly
one by one each system fries its CPU and harddrives, causing not only
loss of data but loss of hardware.

Paranoia is not just a state of mind, but a life style.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

You could live a better life, if you had a better mind and a better body.