Re: Active software-based file replication?

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 13:54, kmoogle wrote:
> I was curious if anyone could recommend any software-based replication
> software for a RH-based fileserver. I currently have 1 TB NFS server
> hosting files for 10 linux clients and would like to add a second 1TB
> fileserver - but have the filesystem actively replicated and available
> should the primary server fail. I was looking for a solution similar
> to Constantdata.com's Constant Replicator - but would appreciate any
> suggestions.

There is some good info at http://linux-ha.org/.  You can run drbd or
software raid1 over enbd to keep the contents in sync and a heartbeat
based IP failover to switch, but there are a lot of details to get
right.  Periodically rsync'ing to the backup server would be safer
but not quite a real-time copy.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx