Frambuffer console for FC3

Sorry to bother you with another question.

This is the fresh installation of FC, so I want to make everything satisfying.
By default, FC3 starts up without frambuffer console support. How should I
enable it?

I am using the pre-compiled kernel coming with the FC3 CD. It seems the
required config options were enabled.

CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_MDA_CONSOLE=m
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_FONTS is not set
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y

My video display is supported by a ATI Fire GL 8800 video card.  I found the
following two lines in the kernel config file,
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y

So, I think I don't need to recompile my kernel to enable FB console support,
do I? What should I do? Pass some arguments to grub?

Yang