Re: font confliction between FC3 and exceed 6.1

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 11:13 -0800, Nina Pham wrote:
> I have som font conflict between xterm and exceed 6.1. From exceed, if I
> rlogin to FC3 system, the font look very small with blanks as squares.
> Where is the conf file for xterm? Can I change the font somehow?

An alternative approach, since you appear to be on a LAN where you're
comfortable doing insecure things like using "rlogin", would be to
configure exceed to use the FC3 system's font server.

You would first need to have the font server listen for network
connections by commenting out the line "no-listen = tcp"
in /etc/X11/fs/config and then do "service xfs reload" as root. You'll
also need to open port 7100 on the firewall if you have that enabled
(but I suspect you don't).

If you then configure exceed to use the font server at fc3machine:7100
(you may need to consult the exceed manual for how to do this), you
should be able to see the same fonts on exceed as in FC3.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>