Re: Linux is so cool!

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:05:27 -0500, David Liguori <liguorid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Doug Stewart wrote:
> > Paul Howarth wrote:

> >> Log out.
> >>
> >> Having logged out, there should, on the login screen, be an "Actions"
> >> (I think) menu you can select "shutdown" from.
> >>
> >> Alternatively, from the command line, as root, try:
> >>
> >> # /sbin/shutdown -h now
> >>
> >> Paul.
> >>

> > This is just a guess, but I think Stephen was joking.
> >
> > At least, I _hope_ he was...
> >
> Well, if the guy is using KDE, last I checked, it might not be quite as obvious.  But my impression also is that he is yanking our chains.  The bit about not being asked to reboot sort of gives it away.

That's only true if you are using the KDE that comes with Fedora. If
yoy upgrade it from the kde-redhat, and use KDM, when you click the
"Logout" button it actually gives you the options:

o Log Out
o Turn Off
o Restart
---
o Cancel

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
If at first you don't succeed...
                              ...skydiving is not for you.