Re: Linux is so cool!

Stephen Costigan wrote:
Linux is so AWESOME man! The only thing that bugs me is there's no
shutdown button. How can I reboot or turn off computer? Everytime I
install software, it never asks me to reboot. I'm an expert Windows
user and I was working as an IT Manager until recently, so I know alot
about computers. I just need to know how to turn this thing off!

Log out.

Having logged out, there should, on the login screen, be an "Actions" (I think) menu you can select "shutdown" from.

Alternatively, from the command line, as root, try:

# /sbin/shutdown -h now

Paul.