Re: Access Point problem

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 21:16:13 -0500, Claude Jones wrote
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>

> > The two addresses you give are in two different subnets.  Most APs I
> > have seen default to the first address in the subnet defined on the LAN
> > side.  In you case you might try 192.168.2.1 as the address oof the AP.
> >
> > Or if it is following what you indicate the default should be try
> > 192.168.2.50.
> >
> > Baring that you will have to see about a hard reset which should reset
> > the device back to factory defaults at which point the address should be
> > 192.168.0.50 and have the default password info.
> >
> > Normally there is a reset button, small hole with a switch that you
> > reach with a paperclip reset device.
> >

> Thanks for your help, Scot. I think I covered your points in my
> previous   reply to Rick.
>
> --
> Claude Jones
> Bluemont, VA, USA

Have you thought of changing your subnet mask to 255.255.0.0. As this seemed
to fix a problem for me a few months ago. I goto Game LANS, and I supply two
of the Game Servers. The gamers are on the 192.168.0.x subnet, and the servers
are on 192.168.2.x subnet. They can all connect to the servers ok, BUT, I
couldn't connect to the NFS shares on the two servers, from my system which
was on the 192.168.0.x subnet. By changing my subnet mask to that, what I
mentioned above, allowed me to access these NFS shares on the Servers.

It's worth a shot.

Wolf