Re: remotely installing FC using vnc ...

bruce wrote:
> i'm trying to remotely install/upgrade a remote server. i am not a linux
> admin.. i have no idea as to what a 'boot option' is, nor where it should
> go, or what file it should be in!!!

What is your recovery option for when this goes wrong?

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but there's a fair chance you'll need one.
Think about what it is before you need it.

Are you doing this as a one-off, or will you need to do it repeatedly?

Which versions are you upgrading from?

> and please don't say 'use yum/apt-get', unless you can give me pointers as
> to how to clear up issues that i've had with yum!!!!

Search the list archives? If that doesn't help, let us know which
problems you're having. It probably is still your best option (sorry).

This post is relevant:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg06636.html

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Never trust a species that grins all the time.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | It's up to something."