Re: Is Linux really faster than MS Windows ?

Fedora has a lot of stuff added to the kernel; just look at all of the
messages it gives at boot.  I have several Linux machines, as well as
two XP machines.  I find that after a while, the XP machines tend to
take more time to boot, while the Fedora box tends to maintain a
constant boot-up time.  (Then again Fedora releases patches too, but it
still doesn't seem to have as much of an effect so as to slow it as
rapidly as Windows.)  Currently my main workstation is running Gentoo (I
still use Fedora for some things), and I have to say it boots faster
than any other OS I've ever used.  This is because I don't have a lot of
things added to the kernel.

Ben