Re: Firefox or Opera? Evolution or T-bird?

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 17:03 -0500, David Cary Hart wrote:

> The browser is easy. IMO, Opera is the least w3c compliant mainstream
> browser.

Whilst Firefox is my browser of choice, as a web developer I feel I
should defend Opera --- Opera 7 is *very* W3C standards compliant, and
is certainly streets ahead of Internet Explorer, either for Windows or
for Mac (the Mac version of IE was more standards compliant than IE for
Windows). If we're comparing *mainstream* browsers IE is easily the
worst; Opera 7 isn't quite as good as Mozilla or Safari/Konqueror, but
the above statement was really quite unfair.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com