Re: Converting Lotus 123 files

J.L. Coenders wrote:

Does anyone know a good tool to convert old Lotus 123 files to a different (more modern) format, like openoffice?

A friend asked me if I could find out how to open these files. Openoffice doesnt seem to do the job.

- Jeroen

Gnumeric will open lotus .wk1 files. Kspread might. I thought OpenOffice.org would also, but I will take your word for it.

If your friend has the ability to do so, suggest that they convert the lotus files to .wk1 worksheets or csv files. All of the linux spreadsheets that I know of can handle csv files.