Kernel upgrade or bastille?

Something a bit strange just happened to my FC3 box.
I upgraded from the 766_FC3 to 770_FC3 kernel
and before rebooting I downloaded and installed
the bastille rpm (since I saw on their site that
it now supports FC3) and went through the configuration.

After rebooting I did not have internet access.
Somehow my default gateway got dropped from the route.

Anyone seen this happen after installing bastille?
Anyone else having network problems after upgrading the kernel?

I fixed the issue by editing /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
and setting the default gateway there.

I'm also a bit confused about that because the date of that
file was Jan 4th and I've had to make changes since then
due to VPN routing issues, so the GATEWAY line in there
was for a network address that no longer existed.
[So, how have I been connecting to the internet for the
last 2 months? Beats me. :-) ].

Richard.