Re: Spamassassin 3.0.2 autolearn=ham/spam/no

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 04:17, crisppy fernandes wrote:

> In my case spamassassin-3.0.2 is catching sample-spam mail but not
> able to catch any other spam mail.
> entries in my local.cf are:
>
> rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****
> report_safe 1

> > spamassassin -D < /path/to/file
>
> this does not seem to be wrking. as giving nothing as output.
>
> and
>
> > sa-learn --spam --showdots /mail/folder/here
> is wrking fine and giving output
> 1 message learned. etc.
>
> i dont know if i am missing something in some configuration file.
>
> thanxs for any help
>
> --
> Crisppy Fernandes

Several things to remember about spamassassin.  Bayes will not be used
until it has learned 200 spam and 200 ham messages.  If you are below
that threshold it does not use bayes to compute the score.

Also it will not autolearn spam unless the score is over a certain
threshold for both header and message rules ( I think the default is
10).

You can use sa-learn --dump to get the stats on how many spam and ham
have been learned.

The default rules that come with spamassassin are fairly good.  However
you may want to check out the rulesemporium for additional rule sets
that can help boost the score on spam which makes it easier to separate
spam from ham.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

"If you ever want to get anywhere in politics, my boy, you're going to
have to get a toehold in the public eye."