Re: Spamassassin 3.0.2 autolearn=ham/spam/no

* Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx> [03-03-2005 16:23]:

> Several things to remember about spamassassin.  Bayes will not be used
> until it has learned 200 spam and 200 ham messages.  If you are below
> that threshold it does not use bayes to compute the score.

Slight correction, it's 100 each of spam and ham for Bayes to activate.
(200 total)

> Also it will not autolearn spam unless the score is over a certain
> threshold for both header and message rules ( I think the default is
> 10).

Default threshold for spam is 5.0.

See wiki page below.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutolearningNotWorking

"Finally, SpamAssassin requires at least 3 points from the header and 3
points from the body, to auto-learn as spam. If either section
contributes fewer points, the message will not be auto-learned."

--
Matt