Re: Webmin / Usermin and port blocking

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:17:24 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Mi, den 02.03.2005 schrieb Bob Brennan um 10:02:
>
> > I would guess that I now need to locate where the Usermin files are
> > and Alias the directory in httpd.conf.(?) I guess my main problem is
> > not understanding how or why some web services use port access rather
> > than sub-directories; and more importantly how that works...
> >
> > bob
>
> Webmin comes with his own HTML serving daemon. It is absolutely
> independent from any other HTTP server. To not conflict with something
> like Apache it uses a different port.
>
> Alexander

Very true Alexander, and that explains a lot. Using the information
you have given me I have finally tracked down the instructions for
running Webmin/Usermin through Apache. For future readers of this
topic here are the links:
http://www.webmin.com/uapache.html
http://www.webmin.com/apache.html

Thanks again for all your help,