Re: PHY reset until link up?

I have just installed Fedora Core 3 on my AMD 64 and everything went
smoothly.  After installation I get the following message:

r8169: eth0: PHY reset until link up

I have googled this error and haven't found anything to help me out
trying to figure out what the problem is.  My only guess is that the
network interface is not connecting to the network for some reason.
Any suggestions on what steps I should take?

I have no solution. I reported the same problem on both the amd64-list
and fedora-list with subject 'ethernet failure after update to
kernel-2.6.10-1.766' (16 Feb). But nobody volunteerd a solution though one
other user confirmed seeing this.

Did you experience it immediately after the install with the 2.6.9
kernel or after updating to 2.6.10?
I was able to work for 2 months with the 2.6.9 kernel and updates
upto and including 2.6.10-1.760 without this occuring.
It started after update to 2.6.10-1.766 (immediately after rebooting)
and then also appeared with the older kernels. Sometimes it
disappeared for a couple of days before surfacing again.

(Luckily I have another inegrated ethernet adapter in the mobo that
 works without problems).

Can anybody here can confirm wether this is a hardware problem or
a kernel/driver problem. In the latter case I will bugzilla it.

Just wanted to let you know that I had a chance to take a look at the server and to my surprise there were two network interfaces in the machine. I plugged the cord into the other interface and poof my problems where fixed. Maybe your machine has 2 interfaces?

Jay