PHY reset until link up?

Hi everyone! I'm new to Fedora, although not new to *nix systems. I have just installed Fedora Core 3 on my AMD 64 and everything went smoothly. After installation I get the following message:

r8169: eth0: PHY reset until link up

I have googled this error and haven't found anything to help me out trying to figure out what the problem is. My only guess is that the network interface is not connecting to the network for some reason. Any suggestions on what steps I should take?

Thanks,
Jay