Re: first time Fedora for me, any tips?

Joe Casual wrote:
Thanks for the tips!

I did download the SRPMS ISO's. I'm downloading the other 4 ISO's (FC3-i386-disc1.iso, etc.). Can you tell me the difference between the i386 iso's and the ones with SRPMS in the file name? I'm using the latest version of nero to produce the cd's from the iso. Will disk 1 boot from a bootable cd?

The SRPMs are source. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands, you don't want them now. Source comes later after you've got the machine working, you're bored, and are looking for new ways to break it.