Re: A Fedora Core 3 manual?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:48:18 +0100, Giulio Sorrentino
<numerone.fedora@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rajev Mhasawade wrote:
>
> >I am one of those who dont know what is CUPS.In fact basic things like
> >what to do if i want to download only the critical updates thru yum?My
> >yum tends to download everything what it gets on net thru my dial-up.
> >
> >I guess Fedora-Red hat bible might help for those 1600 package info.
> >Rajev
> >

> Cups is the print manager: is the server that make you print files.
> The simplest way to upgrade only some packages with yum is set only the
> packages you want upgrade.
> For doing this I suggest you a GUI for yum, such as yumex
> (http://linux.rasmil.dk/mambo).
> I belive you have FC3.

Everyone kept saying how good this application was so finally I tried
this thing and it is really better than gyum or yum extender or
anything else I have ever used for Fedora/RH.

SMART.

http://www.smartpm.org

Dag has rpms for them here:

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/smart/

Grab the smart, smart-gui and smart-update packages.

Launch choose all the repos for rpm packages you want and click the
green arrows to update the list of packages.

Oh it is sweet and fast and makes my linux-loving gnome desktop
hugging heart glad.

The gui could use a tad bit of love imho for the noobs in use all but
otherwise it is great!!