Re: Mplayer

Kumara wrote:

I installed it (Mplayer & its dependencies) but I don't know how to open it,
it is not in multimedia folder in programs like Xine why?, if I select a
folder that has audio or video files I can see mplayer icon on them but can
not run mplayer. any idea?
Mohan

For running a program, you have to tell to kernel to load and execute a binary file.
According to LSB specification, the binary files are in /bin, /sbin/, usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/sbin.
So you simply have to look at all files in that rpm for finding the binary files.
For doing this you should use rpm -ql mplayer | grep bin, and then open it from shell or the execute command gui in your desktop enviroment.

--
numerone