Installation fails

I am new to Linux, coming from Windows 2000.
I got the set of 4 CD's for installing Fedora Core 2. The CD's have been used for installation on other PC's with success.
I have a Pentium II, mothercard ASUS PL97, 2 HDD (20 and 3 Gb), a Creative CD2422ECD-ROM drive and a SCSI CD drive.
When I boot from the CD, the initialization runs correctly, but, after the screens asking to choose language, Keyboard, etc I got an announcement: "CD ROM absent, insert CD 1", although the CD is in the drive and was properly recognized at boot.
I tried to boot from the SCSI CD Drive, but the BIOS does not accept it.
Who can help ?
Thanks
Pierre Baruch