Re: Minimum system requirements

On 02/20/2005 07:05:18 AM, Sasa Stupar wrote:
Hi!

Can someone tell me the minimum system requirements to run FC3 as workstation (not server) with GUI smoothly?

I recommend 512 MB of ram.
I'm doing just fine with 256 but there have been times when I know I would benefit from more.

As far as CPU goes - it depends, if you want to use OpenOffice.org than I personally suggest 2 GHz cpu - they aren't that expensive now. Otherwise, you can probably get away with less - but OO.o can be frustratingly slow at startup on 1GHz and lower CPU's. At least for me (that's one of the reasons I actually ditched it for AbiWord/Gnumeric - even though now I have a machine it is usable on)

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/