Re: RH9 to Fedora

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I dont think switching off selinux for apache is the right thing to
> do. while apache is one of the most complex deamons running linux and
> being protected by targetted policy it should just run out of the box
> . if you are doing customisations then its better to read the document
> and educate yourself rather than just turning the thing off.

Long-term, that's good advice. But the original poster isn't currently
protected by SELinux, is unlikely to be running an out-of-the-box
apache, and wanted to move in under 4 hours.

As I said, at least to begin with, he's got other things to worry about.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | We still have enough spare cardboard sitting around
Exeter    Devon    UK | to send a bus by Parcelforce, although not enough