Re: RHEL redistribution..

WipeOut wrote:
I have a question that may or may not have come up before... Not wanting to start a flame war but its something that I was asked and didn't have an answer to..

Is RHEL allowed to be freely distributed and installed on as many PC's as you like as is the case with other GPL distro's??

 From what I understand RHEL is still effectively GPL isn't it??

So if I know someone with a copy are they allowed to give me a copy to install on my PC, or as many PC's as I like?

There are several distributions based on RHEL where all annoying work of removing Red Hat trademarked stuff was already done for you. Look for Centos or White Hat Linux on Google (there are several more distributions like them). They are all freely distributable, and are basically exactly the same as RHEL (including updates) minus Red Hat logos. And you don't have to worry if what you are doing is legal or not.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited