Re: Linux and Spywares - lack of reading

From: "David Curry" <dsccable@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> jdow wrote:
>
> >Of course you do know of the recent exploits found for Mozilla, aren't
> >you, Brian? What's this "No antivirus needed" I hear about for Linux?
> >
> >{^_-}   The quibbler.
> >

> "Recent exploits found for Mozilla" is news here.  Care to elaborate or
> point me in the right direction?

Ran across it in the Dartmouth IRIA news summaries yesterday. It's
scrolled off. It appears to affect the core of Mozilla so it affects
FireFox as well. It should appear in the CERT advisories.

It appears Mozilla is getting more attention from crackers now that
it is starting to command a noticeable market share. It's a matter of
time before more serious items appear. Of course, without things like
ActiveX it's a little harder to mash a Linux machine than a Windows
machine.

{^_^}