Re: Need to download complete binaries and documentation

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 12:34 -0800, Matt Beals wrote:
> I am trying to get Fedora Core 3 installed on a network that has NO internet
> connection. Is there a place where I can download a complete list of
> binaries and documentation for offline use? I have downloaded the 4 .iso
> images and the DVD .iso image. Now I want to get at least KDE, MySQL, PHP
> and Apache with all their dependencies. Ideally, I would be able to download
> everything, space isn't a consideration with a DVD burner. Can anyone help
> me out here? This is intended for a prison education program I am working
> with.

    Or, here's an idea that wouldn't work well under The Other Leading
Brand: take the hard drive out, take it home (or other broadband
location) and boot it there.  Set up yum with all the trimmings and
let'er go.

    Sure, you don't want to do this all the time, but that first time to
get the big batch of updates, it's kinda hard to beat.

> And, the computers that Fedora is being installed on are AMD Athlon 64 3000+
> and 3200, 1GB RAM. And can anyone recommend any good books for learning
> Fedora?

    Search this newsgroup; very frequent question. See fedorafaq.com.

    Cheers!
Brian FahrlÃnder                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller