Re: MAJOR gnome problems/crashes after FC2->FC3 upgrade :-(

Neil Bird wrote:

After upgrading to FC3 last W/E from FC2 (all latest updates applied), the back-end OS stuff is all working without a hitch (networking/mail/usb/etc.).

But gnome's borked. gnome-background-properties crashes during thumbnail creation (but not sure that's the issue). gconf-editor crashes at start-up. The window-list applet only displays it's drag-button plus I *think* a 1-pixel-wide display. The system monitor applet either won't start or is displaying nothing (in which case I've probably 4-5 of them now). (Oh, and the main system menu only displays text; the icons have gone. Is that right?)

Do the same problems appear for a freshly-created user with no existing gnome settings?

Paul.