Re: Driver for lexmark X1185 for FC1 & FC3?

david walcroft wrote:

beartooth wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:23:44 +1000, david walcroft wrote:

beartooth wrote:

However, I've poked around, on the Web (including especially
linuxprinting) and on the CD that came with the printer, and don't see
any Fedora drivers for it anywhere.
Have I missed something obvious? *Is* there anything? Or am I
going to have to get a different printer?

Try these URL's

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-LEXMARK

http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Lexmark

Well, the first says explicitly "not supported" (with a lot of detail that's way over my head); the second has no entry -- and my post to the lexmark general forum had had no answer.

Any other hope??

To be honest,yes,you might look at a different printer,Lexmark seem to have a reputation as lightwieght winprinters.Use Linuxprinting to help
find one suitable for your needs.

   david

I don't quite agree. I've been able to install a driver developed by Martin Michelsen, and my P3150 is printing just fine. Only a few little problems, but working on them right now (thanks, Martin!). On my side, I'm working on putting the scanner to work. I prefer Lexmark printers because of the features and printing quality. Epson printers lacks the features, and HP cartridges are too expensive (in my country, HP cartridges are 1/4 of an average monthly salary each!).

So, check this link, and see if this driver works with your X1185:

http://users.cybercity.dk/~dko12479/

Hope this helps.

Mariano Lopez Reta
Tortuguitas, Argentina.