Re: Original message vs. Reply-To fedora-list messages

James McKenzie wrote:

David Curry wrote:

Does anyone know whether use of the "reply-to" function in Mozilla e-mail responds in the same format as the original message. That is, if one has their e-mail client set to compose and send only text messages to the list and one responds to a list message composed in html, does Reply-to: produce an html message or a text message.

David:

If your preferences are set to send plain text to this list for instance, and you receive and reply to a HTML formatted message your reply will be plain text.

Thanks, James. I want to send only plain text messages and have set my e-mail client to do so. But, I was a bit perplexed.

I replied to a message yesterday and read that message today as distributed by the list and was startled to see a smiley face in the text I composed in place of the :) I had written. I did not find any html coding in the message source. I guess the e-mail reader is translating the source into html.