Re: confused about firstboot

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:53:25PM -0600, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>     There are things that need configuration outside of Anaconda, when
> the thing has booted from it's normal kernel, like X.  And, it makes it
> convenient to stash application-specific things there for when you're
> doing a modified installation, too. (Think: corporate rollouts).

In my experience, people doing large-scale rollouts probably want to avoid
firstboot completely, and use kickstart's %post script to do any such
configuration.

Everything Firstboot does _must_ be either optional or easily replaced by a
command line app.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--