Re: Firefox, Thunderbird and %#$@* Evolution

Hi Joel:

On Sunday 30 January 2005 11:40, Joel Gomberg wrote:
> Robert wrote:
> > FC3, KDE
> >
> > I have been attempting to find a way to migrate from Mozilla to Firefox
> > and Thunderbird.  So far, everything has gone pretty well EXCEPT that
> > when I wanted to email a web page from within Firefox, that option was
> > not available.  The only choice is to "Send Link".  That's acceptable
> > and definitely more friendly for those who are still using dialup
> > connections but the deal breaker for me is that it wants to use
> > Evolution and I don't/won't.  I have looked in the prefs.js file, in
> > about:config
>
> The settings can be changed in about:config.  I just filtered for
> "mailto" and changed the two references from evolution to thunderbird.
>
> --
> Joel

Hmmm, what version of Firefox are you running?  I'm running 1.0 and
about:config with the "mailto" filter brings up three items, all of which are
boolean values and all start with "network.protocol-handler".

Are you using Gnome or KDE?  Mine is KDE 3.3.1.  Don't know if that would make
a difference for Firefox though.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor