Firefox, Thunderbird and %#$@* Evolution

FC3, KDE

I have been attempting to find a way to migrate from Mozilla to Firefox and Thunderbird. So far, everything has gone pretty well EXCEPT that when I wanted to email a web page from within Firefox, that option was not available. The only choice is to "Send Link". That's acceptable and definitely more friendly for those who are still using dialup connections but the deal breaker for me is that it wants to use Evolution and I don't/won't. I have looked in the prefs.js file, in about:config and in the handful of options available under Edit --> preferences and haven't exactly been inundated with clues. In the Help section, I find this jewel:

Send Link...

       Opens an email composition window using your computer's default
       email program so you can send a message with a link to the
       current page. This feature is currently only available on
       Windows, Mac OS X and OS/2.

...which is about as useful as "How may I help you today" on the back of Walmart employees vests.

I tried removing evolution from another machine that I don't mind wrecking and sure enough, evolution didn't try to start. Neither did any other mail client, as in NOP.

Any ideas short of doing a fresh install and specifically omitting evolution?