Curious K3b Cdrecord problem in FC2

Greetings everyone.

I discovered a few minutes ago that the cdrecord problems I have sought help from the list on in the past few weeks appear limited. Using K3b I can define a set of data files on hard disk and write them to blank disks on my cd-rw. If I attempt to copy a disk in my read only cd-rom to my cd-rw, though, the write fails with debug messages I have reported in the past. Those messages include:

Cannot allocate memory.  WARNING:  Cannot do mlockall(2)
Operation not permitted.  WARNING:  Cannot set RR-scheduler
Permission denied.  WARNING:  Cannot set Priority using setpriority().
CUE sheet not accepted.

The data disk I have tried to copy contains public domain data and was provided by a Maryland county government department. Accordingly, I have no reason to suspect that the disk is copy protected in any way. (That is a prime reason for my use of the disk in testing my FC2 installation and setup.)

Has anyone else on the list ever encountered anything similar? Any ideas on what may be wrong or how to overcome the error message conditions?