Re: FC3 Installtion Problems

Carroll Grigsby wrote:
On Saturday 29 January 2005 11:08 am, Thomas Riggs wrote:

Hi,
I'm having a pretty annoying problem when trying to install FC3. It will
go through the pre-install wizard like a charm, but when it gets about a
10th through installing, it completely freezes up. This happens every
time, no matter what packages I pick. This has also happened to me when
installing Mandrake.
Does anyone know the problem? I'd really appreciate it; after waiting
for quote some time downlaoding the ISOs, I don't want it to go to waste.
TIA,
Thomas Riggs

Thomas:
Tell us about your system (cpu, ram, motherboard, drives, partitioning, yada
yada). It would also help if we knew which version of FC3 you're trying to
install.
-- cmg

Oh jeez, heres the part which makes me look like an idiot! XD

I'm using an Intel Pentium III processor, 930MHz, with 192mb of RAM. I'm not sure on motherboard, how could I find that out? This is a pretty old computer, though probably the only part that old is the case.

I'm installing FC3 on a second hard-drive (as not to interfere with my Windows installation). When I run the install, I check "Remove all partitions", so I haven't set anything up in advance.

I'm installing FC3 i386, do you want the build number? I don't know how to find that either... *looks embarrassed*

Sorry if I didn't explain everything, I'm slow today, so just keep asking and I'll tell you ;-)

Thanks,
Thomas Riggs