Re: FC3 Installtion Problems

Thomas Riggs wrote:

Oh jeez, heres the part which makes me look like an idiot! XD

I'm using an Intel Pentium III processor, 930MHz, with 192mb of RAM. I'm not sure on motherboard, how could I find that out? This is a pretty old computer, though probably the only part that old is the case.

I'm installing FC3 on a second hard-drive (as not to interfere with my Windows installation). When I run the install, I check "Remove all partitions", so I haven't set anything up in advance.

I'm installing FC3 i386, do you want the build number? I don't know how to find that either... *looks embarrassed*

Sorry if I didn't explain everything, I'm slow today, so just keep asking and I'll tell you ;-)

Thanks,
Thomas Riggs

If you use windows use something like (teh evil) SiSoft SANDRA to find out chipset and all that stuff, another way is to physically inspect it... Is it a standard (off the shelf) one or was it part of a pre-built computer (like Compaq/HP's/Dell)?