newbie help.....again

Hi,
   I have been trying to get XP and FC2 to run a dual boot.  I have read up and seen all the problems and solutions to the bug caused by using XP, and I THINK I may have got it figured out.  Now my only problem is to partition my hard drive.  I downloaded knoppix and made a boot CD, but when I try to boot from it all it says is "missing OS".  I dont know what I did wrong to get that.  I thought that I could just run it off the CD without needing linux on my computer.  I have a 160Gb single hard drive C:/ that has been defragmented and it looks like most of the data is near the begining(with the exception of one strip of contiguous files about 1/3 of the way from the begining).  I am really new with this stuff and I dont know much of anything about partitioning.  Plus this is a brand new(2 days) computer so I dont want to delete anything....  Any help would be appreciated.(please make it as "simple" as possible though!)
Thanks in advance,
Charles

Do you Yahoo!?