Re: Why I think FC3 sucks!

Jim Cornette wrote:

Dave Jones wrote:

I'd love for ISA crap to just go away forever, but every time
we make noises even suggesting it, we get comments from lots
of people about how useful it is for them to have them present
in the Fedora kernels. Maybe one day we can farm out all the
ancient junk to a kernel-oldjunk rpm in fedora-extras 8-)

I like the proposed title for the rpm. Would this include ntfs support? I'm sure that some features needed for extreme legacy hardware would have to be put aside in such a scheme of a legacy kernel rpm. The kernel already outgrew the 1.44 floppy, we don't need it to be the size of a normal CD.

Jim

I agree with Jim and Dave, I like the proposed title for the extras kernel for older hardware
kernel-oldjunk
kernel-oldjunk-ntfs

Gerald