Re: Why I think FC3 sucks!

Dave Jones wrote:
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 06:31:04PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> - Some drivers are intentionally deleted because "nobody has this > hardware any longer".

Examples please ? We support some pretty arcane stuff, so if the driver
still builds fine, isn't a potential security disaster waiting to happen,
and doesn't impact overall maintainence of the kernel package, I'm
happy to reconsider any drivers if theres sufficient demand.
(And in some cases, I've enabled stuff on request from a single user
 as the driver made sense to enable).

		Dave

ISA ethernet versions and I did have a problem with pcnet_cs (I believe) not being configurable with the tools to setup networks.

I sold the laptop that needed the pcnet_cs PCMCIA card, so "I don't have the computer any longer." I do still have two different PCMCIA NICs that I believe would no be easily configurable. The cards just stay in storage. The new computer had a built in NIC. It would be decent to be able to resurrect these cards.

I agree with the view that you expressed above.

Jim