Re: upgrade problem: FC1 - FC3 Poweredge 650 ATA 100/4CH

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:05:50AM +0100, G?tz Reinicke wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently tried to upgrade one Poweredge 650 with a ATA 100/4CH
> controller from Fedora Core 1 to FC 3. Latest BIOS/firmware is installed.
>
> The system boots but tells me that there is no harddrive found to
> install, and I have to manually select a driver.

The megaraid_mbox driver in FC3 no longer supports the ATA 100/4Ch
card.  And the older 'megaraid' driver isn't built in FC3 gold (though
I believe it is built in errata or development FC kernels, for exactly
this reason).

Your best option is to copy the older megaraid driver from a recent FC
source tree, and build a DKMS package with it, which can produce a
driver disk for you, which you can then use to install.

Info on DKMS is available at http://linux.dell.com/dkms/.

Thanks,
Matt

--