Re: [installation]dual boot with Mandrake for test

> > - can I share some data between both distributions : /home and possibly
> > "/usr/local" for some compiled softwares.

> This is possible but you may have problems if SELinux is enabled in FC3
> - it may add attributes to your filesystems that the Mandrake OS does
> not understand.

I'm dual-booting 32-bit Mandrake and 64-bit Fedora Core 3 (no SELinux)
 with Mandrake's LILO on the MBR. I can provide you my /etc/lilo.conf
changes if you want.

The only issue I ran into, other than the aforementioned one re
SELinux, was the following -- I share /tmp, swap,  /home, and a shared
/data partition between the installs. When I first did the Fedora
install I let Fedora format the /tmp and swap shared partitions, but
Mandrake then complained about "unsupported filesystem features" (even
without SELinux). Re-formatting with Mandrake and then re-installing
Fedora without re-formatting got things going again.