the volume of my speaker changes to very small with unknown reason

Hi All,

It never happend before. Today I just realize that my
speaker barely care work, the volume is very small, no
matter which player I used, mplayer, xine,
realplay,... I chosen the maximum volume on those
player control panel, but the sound is too small to be
heard. Without changing anything, I restart my machine
to Win2K, this is a dual system machine, everything is
normal, I mean, the speaker  works as usual. Something
wrong with my FC3? But it was OK two days ago, how
come? Please help me on this if you like.

Thanks.

Best,
 BB Cao