Plextor PX-712SA + FC3

I apologize if I'm sending this to the wrong place but I've been
running FC3 x86-64 for quite a while now and I just have a single
problem.

As I said, I've been up and going for a while now (currently running
kernel 2.6.9-1.667) and when installing everything was perfect.  I
have a shuttle box with a built in SATA controller that was detected
perfectly and installed onto a SATA hdd without a single problem.

However, I also have a SATA DVD writer, the Plextor PX-712SA, and I
cannot get it to mount.  It posts in the SATA BIOS, and it also works
in windows, so I know it isn't a (defective) hardware issue.

I've done quite a bit of searching and cannot get any leads.  I've
found a few hits talking about people getting it going in SuSe or
maybe Mandrake out of the box, so I know it is possible.

I was just hoping someone has experience with this particular drive.
Again, my apologies if this isn't the correct forum for such a
question.

Regards-
Robert