Re: [Madwifi-users] Problem with madwifi in Compaq EVO N1020v + FC3 + 2.6.10-1_741

I response in your message.

Thanks for all.

   Samuel Díaz García
    Director Gerente
ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.

mailto:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.arcoscom.com
móvil: 651 93 72 48
tlfn/fax: 956 70 13 15

Michael Renzmann wrote:
Hi.

(Removed madwifi-devel from CC-list; there is no need for posting to both madwifi-lists, and madwifi-users is the correct one for your problem at this time)

Samuel Díaz García wrote:

Some help about the problem?
What can be the problem?

It would be good if you could add some more information about your system. From your description I'd guess that there are serious problems regarding cardbus/pci. Also, there is a similar report from another user, which can be found at http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.madwifi.devel/573

I have read his original messages and appears to be the same problem, the card is detected when "something" wants.

I also added some entries to my pci-ids files but it appears to do nothing.

It would be interesting to see if your system is similar to the system of Joshua (who started the thread mentioned above). Maybe some parallels can be found this way.

My system have a Texas Instruments PCI4410 PCI bridge (if it helps to anyone).

I tryed with acpi=noirq in kernel parameters. [...]

Did you try automatic setup (with the mechanisms provided by Fedora) only, or also manual loading of the madwifi modules?

All, I tried all, with system-network-config, with profiles there, manually remove and install modules, nothing.

It works when it want. It seems that the problem isn't madwifi (except when the "ath%d" message appears in dmesg), but I don't know where I can search to solve the problem.

I tried to recompile the pcmcia-cs sources (only compile the utils, not the modules because my kernel is a 2.6.10.1_741-fc3).

I don't tried to recompile madwifi, because I don't think the problem were 100% of the "madwifi-kmdl" package I have installed (the update is 2 days ago).

I think it can be a "race condition" (I think only).

Bye, Mike

Thanks Mike