Re: Firefox "Save As" Dialog ?

On Tuesday 18 Jan 2005 13:16, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> On 01/18/2005 02:08 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >>Why fix it, if it ain't broke?
> >
> > inconsistency with gnome , the default DE for fedora is considered broken
>
> Yes, it is inconsistent with gnome, but we also have Kde available.

IMO, the ideal would be the GNOME dialogs in GNOME and KDE ones in KDE.

> so
> why make it consistent with gnome? It is not (as far as I know) a gnome
> application, so why should it follow gnome "rules"?

Hmm... most programs aren't a part of any particular desktop environment as
such, but I think they integrate a lot better if they follow the style of the
environment they run on. It just makes the system nicer+easier to use if the
simple things don't change from program to program.

If the save dialogs are broken (I'm not convinced they're all that bad) it's
because of GNOME, not firefox.

--
Jim