Re: message GRUB - no boot. Help

Le Mardi 18 Janvier 2005 14:25, James Wilkinson a écrit :
> Francois Massonneau wrote:
> > Now, when I power on, after the disks checking by the Adaptec SCSI card,
> > the only message I have is "GRUB", and the system stays that way, with a
> > continuous noise.
>
> What sort of noise? Is it a beep, or something more ominous?

This noise is not a pb IMHO. During the boot process, just before the grub
menu to appear, my system used to beep. Here, that's the same, except that
the system stays on that beep, so it's a continuous noise.

> Actually, any sound there is fairly ominous. I don't think GRUB does
> beep: the documentation (info grub or pinfo grub) suggests that it tries
> to print error messages if there's something wrong.
>
> I suspect that there's something pretty wrong with your hardware. Can
> you set your system to boot from floppy, USB, or CD-ROM? If so, can you
> try that?

Yes, I can boot using the first FC3 install disk, in rescue mode. No problem,
I can browse the partitions.
But I don't know how to repair or reinstall Grub or if there is something else
to do to make it to work again.
Help would be appreciated ;-)
Francois