Re: message GRUB - no boot. Help

Francois Massonneau wrote:
> Now, when I power on, after the disks checking by the Adaptec SCSI card, the
> only message I have is "GRUB", and the system stays that way, with a
> continuous noise.

What sort of noise? Is it a beep, or something more ominous?

Actually, any sound there is fairly ominous. I don't think GRUB does
beep: the documentation (info grub or pinfo grub) suggests that it tries
to print error messages if there's something wrong.

I suspect that there's something pretty wrong with your hardware. Can
you set your system to boot from floppy, USB, or CD-ROM? If so, can you
try that?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Dell decided to deck its workstation Itanics late last
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | year citing the compelling reason that it hadn't sold