Re: USB storage device locks up FC3

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:52:35 -0500, B Wooster <bwooster47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I booted into "init 3", and got a shell, and plugged in the device -
> also tried my camera, Canon SD 100.
> No luck - nothing is printed to the terminal - just silence, and no
> key works, can't do
> CNTRL-F1 etc, or enter CNTRL-ALT-DEL.
> Only a power cycle gets me out of the mode.

So your kernel runs fine with the USB drivers, up until you plug
in a USB device?  I'm trying to verify that you can boot your kernel
without using the "nousb" option.

Are you by chance using a USB mouse or keyboard?

Do you have any USB hubs or other devices?  When your system
is running, as root try the "lsusb" command and let us see what
it says.

Is your USB bus provided by your motherboard, or an add-in card?
What's the model, and/or the BIOS version.

Are you running a single processor or SMP kernel?
--
Deron Meranda