Re: Why do I need mDNSResponder/howl?

Kam Leo wrote:
Oops. Sorry, got too specific with the query.  I got the following
result with this query:

$ rpm -q --whatrequires howl-libs
gnome-vfs2-2.8.2-8

Exactly. And if you want to remove gnome-vfs2, you'll discover that it is in heart of GNOME, so you'd have to remove practically all of GNOME, plus some other apps (such as firefox/thunderbird, openoffice, and so on). Actually, on my system, "yum remove howl" was no able to calculate any sane way of removing it, so it just exited with error.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited