Re: FC3: Mixer not saving volume values

I have been looking for it with chkconfig and no results about it (chkconfig --list | grep alsa).

I have been executed 'alsactl store', restarted and the mixer values are "reseted", I needed to run 'alsactl restore' then and the values are restored (the save/restore works fine).

This is working, but ... Where I need to add the 'alsactl store' to save the status before shutdown automaticaly? and where I need to add the 'alsactl restore'?

Thanks

   Samuel Díaz García
    Director Gerente
ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.

mailto:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.arcoscom.com
móvil: 651 93 72 48
tlfn/fax: 956 70 13 15

James Wilkinson wrote:
Michael A. Peters wrote:

It could be an app resetting them.
I've had apps that reset the oss/alsa mixer setting before. PITA.

Also - I believe there is a file that if present, the boot scripts will use to set the mixer settings. Maybe it's present on your system - I don't recall what it is, but it's probably specified in the boot scripts.

This should be handled by the alsa service. Make sure it's configured.

The commands it uses are
/usr/sbin/alsactl store
to save the volume levels and
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore