Re: FC3: Mixer not saving volume values

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 19:56 +0100, Samuel Díaz García wrote:
> I have been looking for it with chkconfig and no results about it
> (chkconfig --list | grep alsa).
>
> I have been executed 'alsactl store', restarted and the mixer values are
> "reseted", I needed to run 'alsactl restore' then and the values are
> restored (the save/restore works fine).
>
> This is working, but ... Where I need to add the 'alsactl store' to save
> the status before shutdown automaticaly? and where I need to add the
> 'alsactl restore'?
>
> Thanks

On mine when it configured the sound card, it made entries
in /etc/modprobe.conf

This occurred for me at install, but also gets done when you use the
system-settings -> soundcard detection tool.

This is what is in my modprobe.conf file that both saves and restores
the settings for me.

alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0
&& /usr/sbin/a lsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

Note that the install and remove lines are wrapped by mailer, but are
actually one single line each.

You may try looking there, or try running the soundcard detection tool
to see if it properly sets up modprobe for you.